Rainbow Pathways is striving to provide a variety of unique support services for individuals in the LGBTQ+ community who are involved in the criminal justice system (as service users or as staff), for those who work within the criminal justice system with clients who identify as LGBTQ+, and for those who have an LGBTQ+ loved one in custody or at risk of custody.
Since August 2021, Rainbow Pathways has been providing free monthly online and in-person support groups for those who identify as LGBTQ+ and wish to share their emotions and experiences following their journey from custody into a complicated world.
Below are just some of the services that Rainbow Pathways is currently or working toward providing in 2023.
Please contact us for further information on how we can help you.
Or, if you are a case manager, a healthcare professional, or a service provider who would like to refer someone (e.g., a client) to Rainbow Pathways, you can complete a referral form here.
FOR LGBTQ+ INDIVIDUALS
- Holistic and person-centred case management, including information about and referrals to LGBTQ+ friendly and specific services in the community.
- Post-release psychological support.
- Court and community support.
- Arranging and providing professional support visits to assist with community reintegration.
FOR PARTNERS, FAMILIES, & FRIENDS
- Psychological support for those who have an LGBTQ+ loved one in custody.
- Information about and referrals to LGBTQ+ friendly and specific services in the community.
- Support for family reunification.
FOR LGBTQ+ STAFFNavigating the workplace while connecting with and expressing your authentic self can, at times, be challenging.
This can be particularly relevant if you are in a workplace that is having difficulties taking an active role in creating safe and inclusive spaces for its LGBTQ+ staff.
Contact us to see how Rainbow Pathways can provide you with guidance and support wherever you are in your journey.
FOR ORGANISATIONSRainbow Pathways can provide quality training and consultation packages for organisations within the criminal justice system to help create supportive and safe environments for their staff, clients, and/or service users. These packages include, but are not limited to:
- Developing tailored training programs to help increase staff confidence and knowledge in supporting LGBTQ+ clients and services users.
- Reviewing policies and procedures relevant to LGBTQ+ staff, clients, or service users.
- Identifying areas of need and providing achievable and realistic steps to activate and maintain change within an organisation.
- Assisting in meeting case management goals when working with LGBTQ+ clients and service users.
- Providing toolkits for the development, implementation, and facilitation of LGBTQ+ support groups in prison and community corrections, including ongoing support and guidance.
- Arranging and providing professional support visits to assist with community reintegration